Sorry for being absent lately… A LOT has been happening! For starters, I got a job in Hawaii! Making the decision to move back home has been really stressful… As much as I wanted this cool journalism job at a local newspaper, I knew uprooting our lives in Indy would be tough.
But the decision has been made and we are moving. Wait til you hear our plan:
- I’m packing up everything I need and taking it with me, seeing as my new job wants me to start asap.
- The boys will be staying here in Indy.
- Our lease isn’t up until July 31, so Andrew will be here until then.
- Then he will pack up our little awesome apartment that I will miss so much and DRIVE everything (including Chipper of course) to Texas, where our stuff will hangout at his parents house *shoutout of appreciation to Andrew’s family*
- Andrew will then drive puppa (one of Chipper’s many nicknames) to Portland, OR. YUP, I said Portland.
- Chipper will be staying with one of my college friends, Sarah, until the quarantine
(yuck)waiting period of 120 days is up *hugs and kisses of appreciation to Sarah*
- Andrew will drive to SEATTLE, WA to ship his car to Hawaii, then he will finally fly from Seattle to Hawaii.
Poor Andrew has to drive all across the creation (and he hates driving). All while, I’m in Hawaii workin my new job. *Thanks, Babe*
Anyway, I’m pretty excited to be moving to Hawaii… It does have its downsides, but like everything in life, it’s temporary. Here are some reasons I’m excited to be back in my home land a.k.a. Oahu:
- Family! I spend so much time missing them when I’m not home so it’ll be nice to see them all the time.
- Beach! Oh how I’ve missed the ocean. I’m sure I won’t be able to go everyday, but a girl can dream right?
- Hikes! Recently, I’ve been trying to eat healthier and be more active, so I’m hoping that being surrounded by beautiful people and sights will encourage me to be more active and eventually get skinny.
- FOOD. Speaking of getting “healthy…” I don’t know how well that’s going to play out because I love local food way too much.
- And of course, the whole reason I’m moving… My new job! Like I’ve said before, journalism has been chasing me around for most of my life. I’m excited to share that I am finally pursuing it! (If you’ve been following me for a while, I decided not to go to grad school – yet, anyway – because it was just way too expensive right now. But that’s ok because I’ve been taking everything in stride and am excited for this new opportunity).
Cheers and ~aloha~