This is probably the best news I’ve received in weeks — by the way, I’m sorry for being MIA here on the blog, I sprained my wrist and the only typing I’ve been doing has been for work — anyway, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Sarah of Saritas Travel Moments.
The Liebster Award was created in order to help new bloggers connect with each other, and spread awareness about bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So YAY! for new homies and budding travel bloggers ~
Here are the questions that Sarah’s asked me to answer:
1. Why do you like traveling and moreover, write about it?
I love traveling because I love discovering new places. I feel most at ease when I’m up in the air headed to someplace new. Ah, writing, I’ve been journaling for as long as I can remember. When I studied abroad, I really wanted to start a blog to keep in touch with family and friends, but I never got around to it because Internet was so scarce where I lived. I started my blog when I returned from living abroad and what started as transferring my journal to my blog turned into telling stories about all of my adventures and joining a great community of fellow bloggers.
2. Why did you choose your blog name?
My head’s always been up in the clouds. After I got bit by the travel bug, I constantly found myself planning trips, and so far, I’ve been able to take them. One of my favorite things about traveling is getting lost in a new place. Thus, I became Caity in Wanderland — just a girl trying to see and do everything simultaneously and wander throughout this beautiful world.
3. What form of traveling do you like most?
Flight. Definitely. A lot of people hate flying because they’re either scared or think it’s a hassle, but I really enjoy waiting to board a plane and being up in the air. I am the world’s easiest plane-rider. I either sleep the entire time or read.
4. Since when are you blogging and are you writing for other travel magazines, blogs, etc?
I started my blog at the beginning of this year… Around March, I think? I’ve written for Pink Pangea, Examiner, and Thought Catalog. And although it’s not related to travel, my full-time job is writing for a newspaper based in Honolulu, HI.
5. What do you think about green and responsible traveling?
I’ve never really thought about this before. I think the only green thing I do while traveling is use a reusable water bottle. This is a great questions though and definitely something I’m going to start thinking about while traveling.
6. In which country could you imagine to live in?
Hmm … Italy, France, Ireland … Almost anywhere in Europe really! Ever since I lived in Italy, I’ve made it one of my #lifegoals to someday own a villa in Tuscany.
7. Name 3 things that you won’t want to miss while traveling.
In general? My destination’s food, major historical spots, and getting lost in the unknown.
8. How do you promote your blog?
Instagram! Hashtags! Twitter! Facebook! 😉
9. Do you use a travel guide for your travels and if yes, which one? Do you consider it as helpful?
I use all of you lovely travel bloggers! Seriously though, some of my favorite blogs have helped me plan some awesome trips. Before I knew about this rad community I read Lonely Planet and Rick Steves (both awesome).
10. What motivates you to write your blog?
I love to write and I loooove interacting with readers who comment on my stuff. I love hearing about other people’s adventures and I love sharing my travels with whoever is out there perusing Caity In Wanderland <3
11. What was your best travel experience?
Hm I consider all my travel experiences THE BEST. But something memorable that recently popped into my memory was traveling from Berlin to Paris. I traveled with a friend and it was my first time on an overnight train ride (13 hours!), we had our own cap to ourselves but I was still nervous about being on a train alone at night, I barely slept. So, instead of getting the rest I knew I needed, I stayed up all night and read The Da Vinci Code cover to cover. It was amazing! By morning, I was in Paris, where the book took place, and it put me in so much more awe to have just imagined an entire story unfold right before my eyes.
Now I nominate…
- Christie from Girl Sees The World
- Michelle from Girl Well Traveled
- Juliana from Tourist To Local
- Kala from Swf Traveler
- Katie from Hummingbird Away
- Cydney from Woman With Wanderlust
- Hannah from Fresh Off The Plane
- Peta and Ben from Empty Nesters On A Green Trek
- Lauren from Last Words For The Road
- Tiff from Tiff Ng
- Amanda from Maps & Memories
Instructions for Nominees:
- Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions that I’ve provided below.
- In your post, be sure to link back to the blog who nominated you (aka myself, Caitlin of Caity In Wanderland, with a thank you and shout out).
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees. Select, list and link 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide these instructions. Finally, create 11 questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
- Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Questions for nominees (and visitors!)
- What inspires you to travel?
- If you had to live in one country for the rest of your life, where would it be?
- What is the one keepsake you need to buy on your travels?
- What is your passion?
- Where are you from?
- What was your weirdest travel experience?
- Scariest? Best?
- What inspires you to upkeep your travel blog?
- If you had a round-the-world ticket, what would your itinerary be?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten and surprisingly loved?
- What do you love most about indulging in another culture?